Sunday, September 13, 2009

The boy with the striped pyjamas

 

My friend Prasath and I share common interests in many areas in life and one such is film / cinema. We apparently had a chat yesterday in GTalk and he told me about this new film “The boy with the striped pyjamas” which he saw and weeped for two hours. At first, I thought that this movie is like a yet another teen movie as it sounds like that. But, I was wrong.

 

I started watching this movie and eventually got myself glued to that. OMG… Finally I had the satisfaction of watching another very good movie and yes, it was very poignant movie and kindled my emotions towards the end. I recommend this movie for all movie buffs who shares the same interest of watching movies like ‘A Beautiful Mind’, ‘Life is beautiful’ or ‘Shawshank redemption’ etc. If you like these film then you will add this film also in your most favourite movie. You can’t stop weeping after this… such a wonderful movie.

 

The movie is about a young boy of 8 who was asked to come out of Berlin where he had a good life with his friends around in school. The reason is that his father is a German higher official and he was promoted to another post in a different city in Germany.

The film’s cinematography is awesome and every character has its importance. This boy loves to explore a lot and he finally finds a camp where Jews were imprisioned. He slowly gets acquainted with a Jew young boy of his age and becomes a very good friend. Betrayal, Guilty consciousness and subtle emotions were really taken care off. Watch and feel the movie…. Finally, you will have the satisfaction of watching a good movie.

0 comments: