Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Dumb Idea!!!???

I sometimes wonder how a nerd’s brain think. How about a computer without a mouse? Do you really think I am going to talk about the touch screen technology? No ways… I am here to propose a new idea… well may be not… But this is new to me at least…

Think of a computer which can be controlled by your hand gesture through your existing webcam? Am i talking about the Gesture Recognition here? Yes, Kind of… But I haven’t seen any existing software available in the world to make your mouse pointer follow your finger tip when you show it to the webcam.

It is absolutely feasible if you are a computer vision engineer. As I did my final UG project in the area of image processing and computer vision. I better ask my brother who is a researcher @ IIT madras about it…

Just wanted to share this with you all. Also, let me know if you find any software which closely resembles the way it works like the above mentioned idea.

1 comments:

Abuzer said...

Guess you have not seen TED India.. Check it out dude..!!